This is a blog about my journey with bipolar disorder. I was diagnosed spring of 2011 and was admitted into a mental health hospital a month before my wedding. I struggled greatly for the next year and a half going on and off meds, experimenting with different forms of therapy and was readmitted to the hospital at the end of 2012. Since then I have been learning how to re-live my life. Seeing a wise, supportive, kind therapist once a week and emerging myself into Dialectical Behavioural Therapy are 2 of many ways that are helping me recover. I have found deep comfort and much strength in mindfulness practices, taught to me from DBT.

This blog is my way of allowing you to see into the life of someone who suffers from bipolar, depression and extreme anxiety. I want to own my story, and help defeat the stigma. I hope you find some comfort in knowing you are not alone, or learn more about mental illness through the writings of my blog.

Monday 17 December 2012

best weekend

This past weekend, my dear dear friends Kyle and Joeline came to visit me, all the way from Saskatoon!
I cannot even say how much it meant for me to have them come out.
They brought peace, joy, and love into our home and into my spirit. It was a relaxing, enjoyable weekend where I could actually feel somewhat "normal" and healthy. *sigh* I wish they didn't have to leave, but will hold onto the memories we made for a long time. 



Kyle has been one of my BEST friends since we met at Bethany 6 years ago! Even though we've been in separate provinces for 4 years, he remains one of my favourite people on the planet!!! The most loving, sincere, genuine, fun loving, humorous person. 
I also met Joeline at Bethany 6 years ago. In 2006 when I was first diagnosed with depression Joeline took me under her wing and cared for me. To this day, whenever I think about what it means to be supported in my illness, I think of how Joeline loved me. She would let me sleep in her room every night when I couldn't be alone, she would listen to me while i vented out all my pain. I did not feel like a burden to her, she treated me like a real person, not like a charity case. She managed to bring LIGHT and HOPE into my darkness through laughter and prayer and real life daily experiences. I love her to death, and will forever be thankful for what she did for me. 

So yes, I love them both extremely much.
I am so sad to see them go, but hopefully we will go see them SOON!
LOVE YOU GUYS!

1 comment:

  1. It makes my heart happy to hear of these wonderful friends visiting you. I feel like this is the definition of true friendship- and how beautiful is it that so many of those friendships from Bethany are still so strong? I would so love to come and be with you too!

    ReplyDelete